The Centenarian Diet | ... Day 2 ...
We don't need more Health Care, we need more Health.
Green leafy vegetables are green because of magnesium [Mg++], and Mg++ regulates over 300 biochemical reactions in the body through their role as enzyme co-factors. They also play a vital role in the reactions that generate and use ATP, the fundamental unit of energy within the body's cells - mDNA. (1)
High School Science we all know: " ... the Queen Bee is not a Queen until fed Royal Jelly, worker bees construct queen bee cells and the bee larvae are fed Royal Jelly exclusively. As a result of the difference in diet, the queen will develop into a sexually mature female, unlike the worker bees." ... this is Epigenetics at work, our diet effect our genes and offspring.
- Start the day as recommended on this site's Breakfast routine. We want 2 poached eggs (from pastured chickens).
This day, we will do the
British (or "fry-up")(9) breakfast variation, or even better
Hispanic Paradox(10) breakfast as beans seem to be important in longevity.
- Saute 1 green pepper, 1 jalapeno, ¼ onions and 2 oz of mushrooms in pastured butter Kerrygold,, add ½ cup homemade red beans and heat. Poach or fry 2 eggs in butter. Serve over bean and vegetable mixture. Top with 1 ounce of Gouda cheese. Add 3 oz blood sausage, chorizo, or bacon pan fried as an option, but additional protein is not really needed.
- All carbohydrates are from vegetables and beans, and some from the dairy (fermented cheeses like Gouda, are low in carbs due to bacterial action). No added carbohydrates or starches from potatoes.
- Coffee with cream, No Coffee-mate - Nestle (Note 1) or other synthetic sweetened processed food. Just real coffee, tea, or herb tea such as fresh ginger and turmeric steeped for 5 minutes, then add a high quality raw milk, cream, or butter. Coffee Recipe: One Green Planet - What is Bulletproof Coffee?
- Open a can of wild Sardines packed in water, (Monterey Fay Aquarium - SeafoodWatch) top with mustard, then have a ... Salad. Avocado Oil and Vinegar, plus Meso dressing, with spices from (Resource 1,2,3). Toss on some fermented vegetables, such as Kimchi (Note 2). Add an ounce of a hard cheese to add calcium.
A fermented beverage. Kombutcha (12) is great, and it can be added to the daily phytonutrient dense
... Smoothie. Note: Al Roker, (as seen on Dr. Oz), steeps sliced ginger and mint
then when finished sipping, he
eats the ginger and mint. Mint is ahead of cocao and second only to cloves for Polyphenols and Antioxidants.
- 4 oz beef patty (from grass fed beef, optional, as need to keep proteins around 75 g/d, but still go for veggies.) pan fried with 1 tsp coconut oil. Spice up with chopped Rosemary and Peppermint, Ref: 100 richest dietary sources of polyphenols. (Resource 1,2,3). Serve with 2 cups of vegetable of choice, broccoli etc., stir fried in olive oil and butter. Add a glass of raw milk or aged cheese to balance calcium.
- Fermented beverages, Kombutcha from teas, Kvass from grains or vegetables, (13) or Wines from grapes.
Dinner: - Optional
www.Cronometer.com - Track Your Way to Better Health With This Tool. (14,14a) Omega 6 : 3 ratio = 1.4 : 1 With flax seeds in smoothie, all daily needs met or exceeded but vitamin D, still need the 15 minute walk in the sun.
Add Kombutcha with chia seeds, and then ratio is 1 : 1.
- Supplements: Optional. Add a multi-min if not adding cheeses or double the Sardines. Adding fish oil is concerned abouit DHA and EPA,
- This daily eating plan has all the Proteins needed, therefore, added proteins in ... Smoothie are not needed, go for the fiber (i.e. flax seeds and psyllium husk) and Phytonutrients.
- All meals and snacks are optional. Eating healthy fats and eliminating unnecessary carbs and getting net carbs below 75 g/d eliminates the constant-eating hunger sensation. TRF - Time Restricted Feeding needs be applied 12-15 hours/day allowing maximum repair and regeneration time. Ref: ... this site - Healthy Brain and Longevity.
- Yes! Daily walks, or 1 hour at the gym. Try to get in 10 short intense 30 second intervals, with general weight training. At home use free weights. (Note 4)
- If you work, get a stand-up desk. Even for the home.
Preparing for the Future | You cannot get there Sick
"Not one single person will be cured of heart disease, pulmonary disease, stroke, arthritis, obesity and, of course diabetes and Alzheimer's, with our current medical approach."
Medicine as we know it is in trouble. Can we be better doctors than the AMA provides? We certainly can acquire the knowledge to ask better questions. The AMA has failed in their mission.
OMG - Who Knew ...
Premise for Diet Plan: | Daily thinking ...
With modern availability of foods, we just need to select high nutrient foods to stay on this longevity path, and our body's built in survival mechanism will stay in the background.
There is no need to trigger the
Triage Theory mechanism within our cells if we maintain a constant flow of micronutrients and a balance of macronutrients.
The Centenarian Diet is based on this premises. This site investigates and reflects this view.
- → Meat, Seafood, great sources for macronutrients and micronutrients but little fiber. With our large brain using 20% of metabolic energy (more when sleeping), and requiring DHA and EPA omega 3's, meat and seafood present an excellent source of proteins and fats. Our soft diet makes these macronutrients more available.
- → Vegetables, great source for macronutrients and micronutrients and fiber. The symbiosis of the human organism, gut organism, and the environment, requires eating everything in sight, locally and seasonally. The body needs a large variety of plant food sources to feed our metabolism and our gut microbiome.
- → Seasonal - Eggs, eggs are a special class.
Eggs produce a
Completeliving organism. With the chicken egg the embryo gets much of its calcium C++ from the shell to build the animal. But, our paleo ancestors only had eggs available part of the year (mating/brooding cycles) and they were hard to get. This is our
modern advantagein nutrition, as we can get eggs year around. The idea is to avoid
Triage Theory, the body's triage response to nutrient shortages.
- → Seasonal - Fruits, Seeds (Nuts, Grains), once upon a time these were only available part of the year. In the modern age, these are available year round and this is our
modern advantage, and our modern downfall, we have hybridized for sweetness. If we manage this category properly, we can avoid triggering the
Triage Theorymechanism within our cells.
- → Carbohydrates, Fiber, the soft food diet. High source of energy and gut feeding fiber, (Ref. "prebiotic inulin-type fructans enhance calcium and magnesium absorption") which are eaten raw,
cooked, baked, soaked, or fermented. A
Porridgeapproach, where everything is gathered and used. Tubers, and seeds (legumes, nuts, grains) are eaten raw, cooked, soaked, or fermented.
- → Fermented Foods, "The Smart Opportunists" when walking around your neighborhood and if starving, rotten fruits and vegetables look good.
- → Sleep, Exercise, Stress and Fasting, Yes! Humans run on carbohydrate and fat energy everything else is a building block. Sleep is DNA repair time and the brain energy use goes up.
(15) Exercise is
Stressand the body has a inflammatory response which turns on genes that rebuild and repair. This built in inflammatory response is important to our health.
If you're not hungry, then do not eat. Fasting has been shown to reduce aging and all inflammation diseases. Think of winter time when food was scarce as an example of what our ancestors dealt with. They had to rely on natural underground tubers, bugs, and running down animals for foods, or feeding off tidal pools and marshlands.
Premise: Eat Real Foods, of the 600,000 foods on the market 80% are no longer real foods, which means it is getting harder to find real foods. Ref: FAT Chance - Dr. Robert Lustig. and the Institute for Responsible Nutrition.
- INGREDIENTS: WATER, SUGAR, VEGETABLE OIL (HIGH OLEIC SOYBE AN AND/OR HIGH OLEIC CANOL A) , AND LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE (A MILK DERIVATIVE)**, MONOAND DIGLYCERIDES, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, CELLULOSE GEL, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, CELLULOSE GUM, CARRAGEENAN. CONTAINS: A MILK DERIVATIVE. ** Not a source of lactose. Current as of August 2015. Please see shelf packaging for any changes.
- Koreans eat so much of this super-spicy condiment (40 pounds of it per person each year) that natives say "kimchi" instead of "cheese" when getting their pictures taken. The reddish fermented cabbage (and sometimes radish) dish—made with a mix of garlic, salt, vinegar, chile peppers, and other spices—is served at every meal, either alone or mixed with rice or noodles. And it's part of a high-fiber, low-fat diet that has kept obesity at bay in Korea. Kimchi also is used in everything from soups to pancakes, and as a topping on pizza and burgers. (20 - Health.com)
- There are some heavy metal pollution in dark chocolate. Currently the polyphenols in chocolate are a big health benefit but heavy metal pollution is an issue and Mars, Hershey, See's, etc. are being sued. (21) (22,22a,22b)
- Does not take a genius to figure this out. The list of references of the benefits would fill a book and it does fill just about all medical journals.